Covid 19 Update
FACE COVERINGS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED BUT NOT REQUIRED
Our staff and volunteers will wear masks ans the theatre will be sanitized
NEW TICKETING PROCEDURES
Please become familiar with these so there will be no confusion when you attend a show
- At present, our seating is limited.
- Your seats will now be assigned – there is no more open seating. Every seat is numbered.
- For social distancing, seating is limited to pairs or singles. We will try to seat groups as closely as possible, but there may be empty seats between you.
- We encourage you to please purchase your tickets over the phone rather than in-person. Please make your reservations in advance by calling the box office at (830) 798-8944. Box office hours are limited, so please leave us a message if no one answers, and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- Once you have made your reservation, look for an email from us and download and print out your tickets. Once you have this, you do not have to go to the box office upon arrival.
- If you do purchase your ticket in-person at the box office, we encourage you to use your credit cards instead of handling cash. You will swipe your card, and it will not be touched.
- Beverages will be available to you before the show and during intermission.
- Refreshments will not be served while the show is in progress.
- Coffee is no longer self-serve.
- Complimentary wine, sodas, water, coffee, creamers, and sweetener will be served to you by volunteers wearing masks and gloves from behind a plexiglass screen.
- Food, such as cookies, crackers, and candies, will no longer be offered at intermission.
- We ask you to please help us out by taking your cups, glasses, and any trash with you as you exit the auditorium and dispose of them in our trash receptacles.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
We have gone above and beyond to keep you safe!
- Before each show, we wipe down all counters, sinks, doorknobs, handles, toilets, etc., with sanitizer.
- In addition to federal and state guidelines, we have upgraded the equipment in our restrooms so that you can use toilets, sinks and soap dispensers hands-free.
- Also, we have purchased an electrostatic disinfecting fogger. The entire building is fogged after each performance to better protect you.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are placed for you as you enter the lobby, auditorium, and in each restroom.
- Staff and volunteers will wear disposable facemasks and gloves while working at shows.
- Every staff member and volunteer will self-monitor their health at home and will not come to the theatre if they feel unwell. No-touch forehead thermometers will be used to check the staff and volunteers as they enter the building. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be sent home. They must be without fever for three days before returning to work.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Always practice six-foot social distancing, please.
- If you feel unwell, we ask you not to attend and to contact the box office asap at (830) 798-8944. We will exchange your tickets for another performance.
These protocols and procedures may be changed or updated.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions by calling the administration office at (830) 693-2474 or by sending an email to director@theHCCT.org.